Monday, November 16, 2009

7 Pounds


Another milestone this week...Hope is now 7 pounds.  She actually weighs 3.18 kilograms and we have to track all of her weight in kilograms.  3.18 kilograms is actually 7 lb and 0.52 oz, so she really weighs over 7 pounds now.  She is eating and gaining like a champ.  I am so proud of her and the progress she is making.  She is showing everyone what a fighter she is and I love every minute of it.  Check out the Snuggin Go in the picture.  It is the greatest thing and I found out about it from another heart mom.  It really holds Hope's head in place in her car seat and she likes being in her car seat a lot better now.  If anyone is interested in getting one, you can find the information here.  The little girl in the Before and After pictures is Scarlett...another little heart baby.  Isn't she just the cutest little girl!


Her physical therapist came today and she is 'above average' for her age.  She is almost at a 3 month level in her gross and fine motor skills.  I almost cried when she told me that today.  After all the pessimistic comments that we have heard prior to her birth as well as after she was born, it is so great to hear how well she is doing.  I see how well she is doing every day and it amazes me that she has any sort of heart problem.  She is just like any other 2 month old baby.  Check her out sitting up in her Bumbo chair.  She loves it!


We didn't get a chance to have the big birthday party for Jerry this weekend because so many of his cousins were sick.  We scheduled a new big birthday party for next weekend.  My family came over this weekend and we had a smaller party with some gifts, cake, and the wonderful weather.  It was in the 60s all weekend and Hope even spent most of Saturday outside.

I am not sure if I will have time to update later this week, but I would love everyone to send out good thoughts and lots of prayers for another heart family.  The DiCarlo family has a little fellow named Travis and he is scheduled for his Norwood (the first surgery) on Friday.  It is going to be a stressful day for Roger and Nicole as they send their little guy for his big open heart surgery and they are going to need all the good thoughts and prayers that you can spare.

2 comments:

  1. Your little girl is so adorable! It looks like she is doing great! I know that I had those mixed emotions all the way back to when we brought Aly home the first time about the next surgery. My only advice to you is try to push it to the back of your mind and just enjoy Hope. That's what I've tried (unsuccessfully at times) and it's worked for me. I "hope" everything keeps going so well for your little princess and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Head over to my blog... I awarded you the HeartFelt Blogger Award!

    With LOTS of Hope, Love, and, Faith,
    Lauren (22yr. old w/Tricuspid Atresia aka HRHS)

    Blog: www.laurensheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete