Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving

I hope everyone that reads this and has followed our journey has a wonderful, safe, healthy, and happy Thanksgiving.  We have so much to be thankful for this year...more than we ever thought possible.  First and foremost, we thank God for our miracle and for answering so many of our prayers.  He has provided so much for us and we thank Him every single day.  Here is the rest of my thankful list:

My husband...he does not get the credit he deserves very often.  I am thankful that he is always here for me and for our kids.  He works his butt off every day and still comes home to work some more.  I know I need to tell him thank you more often and I plan to start today.

Our children...all of them are wonderful and I am thankful for each and every one of them.  I know this blog focuses on Hope and was started because of Hope and her heart condition, but all of our kids are so special and a blessing.  This is the first year we will all be together for Thanksgiving...Destiny included...and that makes it extra special.

Our family...every one has done so much for us this year and we are so grateful and thankful for having such a wonderful family.  Words cannot fully describe how much everyone has done for us and our hearts overflow with love and gratitude for every single person in our families.  They are truly heaven sent!

Our friends...like our family, our friends have offered so much support and help this year.  I have met so many new friends this year and I know these friendships will last a lifetime as well.  This year has been hard for many of my friends and I pray every day that they are grieving as they need to for the loss of their loved ones.  I cannot imagine the pain many of them are experiencing, but I know God will help them and hold them throughout.

My job...yes, I am thankful for my job and my husband's job as well.  Everyone has been great while we have been going through so much.  I went on maternity leave at a VERY busy time at work and my co-workers really helped out.  I have been getting back into the groove of things and I know I can call on any of them to get caught up.  There are so many people out of work right now and Jerry and I are thankful that we have jobs that we love so much.

Our house...with so many people losing their homes, we are thankful that we have a beautiful house overflowing with love.  Our house may not be the best and is definitely NOT the cleanest...it is still ours and it keeps us warm and happy.

Our health...we have managed to stay healthy through this flu season and we are thankful for everyone staying away when they are sick.  We have kept the flu, cold, and all icky stuff away and plan to keep it that way...hopefully forever (I can dream)!

I am thankful for so many other things that I just don't have time to write about all of them.  The ones I listed are the first ones that come to mind, but I thank God every day for so many things and I pray to God every day for so many people.

I hope everyone has just as much to be thankful for this holiday season.

1 comment:

  1. Amen to that, sista! Happy thanksgiving (a smidge belated) to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete