Friday, December 30, 2011

Ben Breedlove

I know many people that read my blog posts have seen the videos that Ben made and posted just a week before he died.  Ben had a heart defect...not the same as Hope, but just as severe (and at times much more severe).  He posted cards about his life and how he cheated death.  He posted cards about the limits his heart defect had on his life.  He seemed like he lived a great life and from his video, he seemed happy.  It warmed my heart watching his videos.  It made me thankful for the many people that share their heart stories and lives...there is so much inspiration and hope for the future.  I did cry, but they were tears of appreciation and also knowing that his life was way too short.  I imagine the dreams that went unfulfilled, but I also know that because of his heart defect, he lived his life to the fullest.  I am proud that he shared his story and grateful for his bravery and his life.  He is my hero!

1 comment:

  1. I'd seen a shortened version of this, but not the whole thing. I do believe I'll be posting things on my own blog in the next week or two! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete