Thursday, March 11, 2010

What a difference a day makes


My little cutie...awake and smiling and sucking her favorite fingers.  I know the head IV looks kind of funny, but it really is the best place to put an IV on Hope.  She can't reach it and that means it will actually stay put!

Check out the 93...that is her oxygen saturation!  I have NEVER seen it that high.  She was sleeping really well and I had to take a picture!

Hope made a complete turnaround!  They extubated her late last night and she did fine.  This morning they kept lowering her 02 and about 4 pm they put her on low flow and she was at 1 liter...basically room air with a little push.  I got to feed my starving little girl today and she showed them how hungry a little girl can get in 3 days of not eating.  She downed 4 ounces in about 3 minutes and decided to finish 2 more ounces over the next hour.  Dawn was Hope's nurse again today and I think she got her addicted to 'sweeties'.  This is a little tube full of sugar water that you put on a pacifier.  Hope LOVES the sweeties.

Based on how Hope did today, I am thinking she will be moving to step-down tomorrow...Saturday at the latest.  Of course, Hope may decide to throw out another curve ball, but I am praying almost non-stop that she doesn't.  She looks so good and she was talking and looking around most of the day today.  Surprisingly, she doesn't seem to be in as much pain as I thought she would. 

I also spent a little time away from Hope today giving blood.  They were doing a blood drive at the hospital and as Hope used someone else's blood, I felt I should give some of mine to someone else.  I encourage everyone to give blood when there is a blood drive.  It is an easy way to help someone else.

9 comments:

  1. You are amazing. I still, to this day, haven't gotten back over to the hospital to donate blood. :( You rock. And Hope?? what a beautiful update!! She is kicking much booty!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great report today! Glad she is doing much better! Keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my Paula she looks amazing. I was worried all day because you hadn't posted anything. Hope is so adorable. I will continue to say my prayers for your family to get through this and for Hope's speedy recovery. Hang in there! God bless you always.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...look at her! She looks amazing! Glad to see her doing so well. You are amazing too...so selfless to donate blood right now!
    Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hooray for Hope!! I am thrilled to hear how well she is doing! Praying she continues making great progress in the days ahead!

    Stef, Ryan, Wyatt and Logan
    www.whenlifehandsyouabrokenheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such great news! Isn't it amazing to see sats go into the 90's! Hope looks happy sucking her fingers! Hope and your family remain in our prayers and hope you get moved to step down pretty soon. it's so much nicer than ICU :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hooray!!! She looks so good! This is such great news! Step down, already? She sure shows us all what she's made of, doesn't she?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh she looks soo great!!! She is so cute sucking those little fingers. :) Praying that Hopes recovery continues smoothly and thoughts of going home will come soon!!! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. that our lil FIGHTER!!!!! go-go hope!!!!!
    love geraleia and dylan daniel- GREAT JOB HOPE SOOOOO PROUD OF YOU!!!!!

    ReplyDelete