Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Synagis and Updates

She is totally cool!
Hope got her first synagis shot of the season today.  I love that our insurance allows a home health nurse to come and give it to her at our house.  It is so much better than having to go to the doctor's office to get the shot like so many other families.  Hope has gained 2 ounces since the last time she was weighed.  She is still under her 16 pound weight of before, but we'll take the 2 ounces.  I have hope that she will get back some of the weight she lost and gain more.  I have received a lot of great ideas and I thank everyone who gave me the ideas.  I am trying most of the ideas I received and she seems to be happy eating.  She will eat just about anything and it makes things so much easier.  She doesn't eat a lot of anything, but at least she tries it.
You think this might be the cause of the weight loss?  I know Rex sure hasn't lost any weight!
Now to catch up with some friends:
Logan is still in Boston and is on the roller coaster we have all seen happen way too often.  His mom is not updating her blog, but I am following along on facebook.  Please continue to keep all of them in your thoughts and prayers.

Please keep Mia and her family in your prayers.  She had to go to the hospital with an infection.  Hopefully it will be a really short stay.

Also, say a few prayers for Bowen.  He has another infection which looks like it could keep him in the hospital longer.  His parents would love for him to get home soon and I know he would love it as well.

I know I am missing some of my heart friends, so please just say a prayer for all of the babies, children, and their parents and families.

7 comments:

  1. Yuck- tis the season for Synagis shots. :( That is wonderful that they come right to your house! We have to go about 40 minutes to a hospital in a nearby town. It's no fun. Hope is so cute- and I love her rockstar glasses. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for Synagis!!! Mason just got his first one a couple of weeks ago. I'm going to ask about receiving them in-home. You are told to keep your baby isolated, but have then have to drag him to a Doctor's office of all places for shots, LOL. We get to come in the back door, but it still doesn't make me feel any safer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad Hope is getting the Synagis shots. They do help even though they are not fun for the kiddos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Her pictures always make me smile.
    That is pretty neat that you do not have to take Hope out for her shots. Hooray for 2 ounces. I hope her weight goes up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE the pic of Hope in the glasses....too cute! Also, the pic of her with the dog is funny b/c Travis totally teases the dogs while he eats! I'm surprised they haven't tried to bight his hand.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, she is SO cute! And I was sorry to read you had to make the trip to the ER, but so thankful Hope is doing okay. Those ER trips are never fun!

    happy thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete