Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Mommy's Birthday


I turn 45 years old today.  I am an older mommy and didn't start having kids until after I got my career off the ground and spent my 20s traveling and having a great time with friends.  I am so glad I waited, but I must say that if I had started earlier, I would probably have 12 kids.  I love my kids and even though they drive me crazy at times, I would still like to have had more.

Through my 45 years, there are few that have been as difficult as this year.  It has always been in the back of my mind that Hope could need a new heart...I just hadn't planned for it to be this soon.  I always anticipated her needing one in her 20s or 30s.  I am happy she is on the list and even though the waiting is hard, I wouldn't trade it for anything.

I am hoping my 45th year is a year of change.  I am going to stop smoking and Jerry and I have both come to agreement that we need to quit now and not wait any longer.  I am hoping it will not be as bad as I am expecting...I have a lot of tools that will hopefully help me become and remain successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment