Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Movement

Hope is finally moving around. I am so excited that I can feel her moving around and it makes me feel good that she finally decided to be active. It was getting scary because she wasn't moving around very much at all. I remember a lot more movement with Jerry and Paul and now I get to feel it with Hope too.

Life has been going really good lately and I have been feeling a lot better about everything. I have been doing so much research and learning as much as I can about babies with HLHS and I feel better every day.

I have been getting stuff ready for Paul's 1st birthday and that has been taking up a lot of my time. It is really exciting to be celebrating his birthday around the same time as mine. I can't believe I am turning 40 tomorrow. It doesn't seem possible that I am turning 40! I remember when I thought 40 was old...now it seems really young.

I have made an OB appointment for the 24th and another echocardiogram for that day as well. I don't know if I'm going to meet with anyone else, but I know that the Palliative Care Team wants to meet with me as well. I would really like a tour of the NICU and the maternity area pretty soon. I just want to be comfortable with where Hope will be delivered and where she will probably go shortly after she is born. I am kind of afraid to see all of this, but I know it will be better to see it now, rather than waiting until she is born.

1 comment:

  1. I too am carrying an HLHS baby. His name is Conner and is due September 18th. They tell me he has a 10% chance of survival even with the 3 stages of open heart surgery. I am exactly where you are right now. This however is my first child so I do not share the same parental responsibilities that you owe your boys. But I do know exactly how you feel about the little one inside of you. We found out Conner has HLHS with intact atrial septum on May 26th, my mother's birthday. On June 3rd my mother died from cancer and we had her funeral yesterday. There were many people who didn't know about Conner and would come up to me and rub my belly and ask when I am due and my mother would be proud, etc. etc. And though I am broken inside I simply said, "He will be born in September." I too hope for a miracle- one for Conner and one for Hope.

    ReplyDelete