Wednesday, October 14, 2009

One Month


Hope turned one month today...HOORAY!!!  After such an uncertain beginning, it is the greatest feeling in the world to know that she is a month old.  I keep looking back to that Tuesday at Akron Children's Hospital when the doctors told me that they didn't feel she was a good candidate for surgery and when I see her today...I am thrilled that we decided to get a second opinion.  I fully understand why the doctors in Akron felt the way they did because medically Hope is a miracle.  She is doing so much better than any of the doctors expected...including the ones in Cleveland.  God is definitely playing a HUGE role in Hope's life.

I got to feed Hope a bottle today when I got to the hospital.  It was the greatest feeling in the world.  She drank 22mls and she really seemed to enjoy it!  She got a little fussy and tired, but I know that she will get better and better every day.  It is just the best feeling in the world to be able to hold her and even better to give her a bottle.  It seems so 'normal'.

Mom and John came up today too.  I know my mom enjoyed holding Hope for a few hours.  Now, I just need to borrow a rocking chair when a baby gets to go home.  I have found that is the way to get new stuff for her room.  I get to take advantage of the good fortune of others...they get to take their little one home and I get a new chair.

I also wanted to let everyone know that Erica and Paul had a long day yesterday, but it was worth it.  Their little one came out of surgery and is doing good.  I haven't seen him, but his mom and dad got the news about 6pm last night.  YEAH!!!

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy for you, Hope and your family. I know how much it means to be able to hold your little one and feed them for almost the first time since they were born, one month later. As a mom, your body aches for this closeness and I am sure the babies crave and need it too. I pray that Hope continues to improve and that both of get to experience a life time full of 'normals'. Heart hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete