Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Proclamations - a call to action

I have decided to become more involved in CHD awareness.  I want to bring as much awareness as possible to Congenital Heart Defects in order to increase the research and funding so that our children will have more options and updated research on heart defects.  I belong to the Congenital Heart Information Network as well as many other organizations.  This year I plan to work with them to bring awareness to CHDs every day, but especially the week of February 14th.  I have already received Proclamations from the State of Ohio as well as York Township. 

I am asking that anyone that reads this blog to please contact your State as well as the city or township you live in to see if they will proclaim the week as CHD Awareness Week.  You can find more information here.  I would love to see one from every state and as many cities as possible!  I also have a button on my blog that you can click on and copy from the website.

Please spread the word on CHDs and bring awareness to as many people as possible.  The more people that are aware of CHDs, the more funds we can make available for research.  Remember...less than 30 years ago all children with HLHS were sent home to die or just died shortly after they were born. We have come so far in such a short amount of time and hopefully someday babies born with HLHS will be fixed completely and not have to live with 1/2 a heart.

Thank you for your support and God Bless!

4 comments:

  1. Hey! I know that you dont know me, but my 16 month old has a CHD and had open heart surgery in August '08! I just wrote the Governor of SC! I really hope that he responds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see that you are getting more involved. I received my proclamation for Iowa right before Christmas. It is a great first step!

    Stef, Ryan, Wyatt and Logan Jacks
    www.whenlifehandsyouabrokenheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just e-mailed Governor Strickland for Ohio. Thanks Paula! ~Angie Montgomery

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think is great Paula. I will also be sending these letters out!

    ReplyDelete