Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Very Sad Today

Today I started the day grieving so many babies, children, and an adult CHDers that lost their battles.  I was and am so heartbroken for these families.  Then, I get a call from my mom.  My grandma has not been doing well for the last week and we kind of knew that her time on earth was not long.  Sadly, in the midst of all the grief for the heart families, my grandma passed away this morning.  I am sad beyond belief.  She is 95 years old and has led a great life.  She taught me the love of travel.  When I was young I used to look through all the magazines she kept on places she had been or planned to go.  Exotic, foreign, and amazing places.  I remember looking at pictures of all the places she visited.  She would always bring us something special from everywhere she went.  I have postcards, dolls, and treasures from all over the world.  I knew when I grew up that I wanted to travel.  And I did...and I will forever.  My grandma taught me to live life to the fullest.  She surely did!  She loved so much and so many people.  I miss my grandma.  Even though she lived a long and full life...it is still hard.

6 comments:

  1. I am so sorry for your loss...prayers and peace be with you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Paula, I am so sorry to hear about your grandma. She sounds like such an amazing person. I just love your picture of her and Hope, ((HUGS)). The passing of someone you love is never easy. I pray that the Lord above is gentle with your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paula, I am sorry to hear about your grandmother.
    It is never easy to say goodbye.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a beautiful picture, something you will always treasure. What a beautiful gift you have been given, to know and be loved by each of these people - your Grandma and your daughter. Just want you to know that I prayed for you today as you remember/honor your grandmother - that you would know in your heart that God is with you and He will never leave or forsake you. You are in Good Hands. Hugs,Kendra (Rachel's mom)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry to hear about your grandma. We're thinking of you. X

    ReplyDelete