Monday, October 4, 2010

Why?

I know it is not up to us to ask why, but every single time a heart babies earns his/her wings I can't help but ask why.  Why haven't we found a way to stop CHDs from happening?  Why isn't there more awareness and funding for research?  Why does this have to happen to these sweet little babies?  Why????

I wish I had an answer.  I wish I did not have to cry for another CHD baby...EVER!  I wish I didn't have to worry every single day about Hope.  I have become a better person and mom because of Hope, but I wish I had learned to become a better person and mom without having my daughter only have 1/2 a heart.

Please hold your babies and children tight tonight.  Remember to hug them and kiss them and tell them you love them.  Remember to pray for all the heart babies out there...and especially say a prayer for Ewan's family.  They are strong, but prayers always help and give comfort.  I can't imagine (and don't want to imagine) what they are going through right now.  I worry about it in the back of my mind, but it is nothing compared to what they are dealing with today.

So many families this week...Angus, Jessica, Caleb, Ewan, Doug, Kaitlyn, Alexander, Tim....all gone far too soon.  Please send up extra prayers for Doug and his family.  I met them at the Clinic when Hope was there and they are a great family.  Doug will be missed by many and my heart is breaking thinking about what they are going through.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for thinking of us. This is awful. I think it's fair to say that losing a child really and truly is HELL. and nothing short of it.

    more CHD awareness, research, funding, etc. YES!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great post and soooo True.

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will pray for them all. So sad that they are taken so soon. We are in need of more CHD awareness.

    ReplyDelete