Sunday, February 10, 2013

CHD Awareness Week Day 4


Today is day 4 and I want to focus on giving back.  I know there is not a lot I can do medically for my daughter.  She has a team of doctors, nurses, dietitians, therapists, and surgeons that handle her medical issues.  I thank God for each and every one of them every single day.  They have kept Hope healthy and have repaired her broken heart...it will never be fixed, but it works for her.

What I can do is try and support research, awareness, and other heart families.  It seems to be the one way I feel like I am able to help Hope. I can work with Mended Little Hearts to support other heart families.  I can help coordinate the Congenital Heart Walk to raise funds for The Children's Heart Foundation and the Adult Congenital Heart Association. It is the small way that I feel like I am helping Hope.  I hope everyone is able to get the support they need when they need it.  Congenital heart defects affect so many families and I hope the little I can give back helps at least one family.


No comments:

Post a Comment