Wednesday, April 14, 2010

7 Months



I am so happy that we are past two of our surgeries and Hope is doing so very well.  She is 7 months old and I think back to when she was born and everyone was so pessimistic about her kidneys.  They have been doing their job so well and hopefully someday she will be able to show everyone that they may be small, but they are two VERY strong kidneys!  We have a cardiology visit today and will find out whether she continues to have narrowing in her pulmonary artery from the scar tissue.  Please keep praying that the scar tissue heals and there is no need for a stent to open up her pulmonary artery.  I know it is a catheterization and not open heart surgery, but it is still scary.

The appointment tomorrow will also confirm my belief that Hope is over 11 pounds (again).  She seems a lot bigger, but we don't have to weigh her anymore, so I don't.  At her last appointment she was 10 pounds 9 ounces, so hopefully in two weeks she should be over 11 pounds.



As you can see from the picture...Hope is loving to stick her tongue out at anyone and everyone.  It is the cutest thing ever and I was finally able to snap a picture.  You also have to check out the pink cheeks...can you believe she might need a catheterization because her pulmonary artery is narrow???  I sure can't believe it!

2 comments:

  1. She looks wonderful.. and absolutely adorable!! I hope everything goes well at the cardio appt. Keep us updated! As always, prayers and heart hugs,
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is just too cute and I love how she sticks out her tongue.
    I continue to pray that she continues to do so well. Please keep us posted. Give her a big ((HUG)) from me!

    ReplyDelete