Thursday, December 3, 2009

So Hard

It is so hard for me when a little baby with HLHS passes away.  Today I learned that Hailey did not make it out of the cath lab yesterday and I have spent most of the day crying for her and her family.  It breaks my heart to think about the pain and heartache her family is going through right now and also in the future.  Christmas is coming so soon and to think that they won't be spending it together breaks my heart.  Hailey was a real fighter in her journey and has earned her angel wings.  Please keep her and her family in your thoughts and prayers.

I found this poem for Hailey's mom and wanted to share it here:

We wanted so much to keep you
We watched you day by day
Until with breaking hearts
We saw you slip away.


God watched you as you suffered,
And knew you had your share.
He gently closed your weary eyes,
And took you in his care.


Your memory is our keepsake,
With that we'll never part.
God has you in His keeping,
We have you in our hearts.


 Nothing can be more beautiful,
than the memories we have of you.
To us you were someone special,
God must have thought so too.


~Unknown

3 comments:

  1. Oh that makes me so sad to hear of another baby getting their angel wings. My heart is broken for her mmommy and daddy. I will keep them in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It hits so close to home when another heart family loses their precious child. We will keep Hailey's family in our prayers.

    ~Stephanie and Braeden

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so very much. This made me cry a lot. I hope you don't mind, but I would like to use this in Hailey's funeral handouts.

    ReplyDelete