Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Pee Baby Pee



Hope is doing really good today.  She is still really puffy and really needs to pee to get the fluid off.  She is doing a really good job peeing and the fluid is coming off pretty good.  Until she gets rid of more fluid, the breathing tube will stay in.  I am hopeful that tomorrow will be the day they can remove the tube, but I will be just as happy if it is Thursday.

Dawn was Hope's nurse today and she is the greatest.  She is super nice and she is the nurse that let me hold Hope when she was in PICU before.  She explains everything really well and makes sure that I understand everything that is going on.  She encourages me to learn as much as I can about everything Hope is taking and all of the machines.  She won't be back until Thursday, but I am pretty sure Hope will still be in PICU on Thursday...hopefully getting ready to move to Step Down.

They decided to use external stitches this time with Hope.  She didn't heal real well when they used the internal ones and they think the external ones will heal better.  I have pretty sensitive skin, so I am guessing she has the same issues.  I hope it won't be a problem getting her to heal, but I think that is something that is not really a big concern.

Kylan, Erica, and Paul came to visit us today.  Kylan had some pre-op tests to get ready for his heart catheterization tomorrow.  I am sure he will do great and I am praying he will get to go home with Erica and Paul tomorrow night.  Their local paper wrote an article about them...it is here if you want to read about their journey.  Please keep them in your prayers tomorrow. 

Thank you again for keeping us in your thoughts and prayers.  God is listening and answering them every day!

4 comments:

  1. paula, day 3 is usually the worst day for Edema, then diuritics kick in and big changes after that, so be prepared for that, it sounds like the team is doing a great job, keep up the great work little Hope
    Rita& mario(babycenter

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing great Hope!!! Keep it up baby girl!!! *praying*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear that Hope is still doing well. Praying that fluid comes off and she can be free from the vent!

    Stef, Ryan, Wyatt and Logan
    www.whenlifehandsyouabrokenheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I am so happy to hear she is doing as best as she can. I love that you took her blanket and her little bear (just melted my heart). Thank you so much for the updates. I am praying that she gets well enough to move a step down so she can be out of PICU. Sending you a big ((hug))mommy, hang in there.

    ReplyDelete