Monday, February 7, 2011

CHD Awareness Week

When Hope was in the hospital we got an amazing bag of goodies from a parent that spent time in PICU with her son.  It was filled with food, water, and stuff to do.  It was wonderful and I got it on a day when I really needed something to take my mind off everything that was happening.  I knew I wanted to do something similar this year for the families and I finally got some bags together.  I will be delivering them to The Cleveland Clinic Children's Hospital one day this week.  I don't know what day yet...it will depend on how busy the week is at work, but it will definitely be by Sunday of this week.

A few other things to share.  Hope took her first steps today and it was amazing.  There are certain milestones that just hit me...walking is yet another one.  For any parent that has been told they should take their baby home to die and be able to see that same baby 16 months later taking their first step...AMAZING!  I didn't have a camera handy, but I am including a cute picture of her 'shopping'.  She has been pushing stuff for a long time, but her first unassisted steps brought tears to my eyes.

I hope everyone has a great week.

4 comments:

  1. Awww! Yea Hope! Those first steps are amazing!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for Hope and her awesome mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy for Hope!! That is awesome.
    Paula, you are such an amazing person with the biggest heart ever. God bless you always as you continue to help others who have walked the same path as you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay Hope! Love the picture....she is so cute!

    ReplyDelete