Friday, April 8, 2011

Not much happening

It seems like when not much is happening around here I find it difficult to post anything.  We are getting ready for a visit to the Nephrologist (kidney doctor) on Wednesday.  I worry about these appointments as much as the cardiology appointments.  We have been told that Hope will need a kidney transplant someday and every time we go to the kidney doctor, I worry that he will find her in kidney failure.  I know the signs and I don't see them in Hope, but I worry that I won't catch something and it will go to far.  I am planning to meet with a few other kidney doctors this summer.  I am not a fan of them at all and would really like to find one that I feel comfortable.  It really is not an easy task because the doctor that made the decision that Hope was not a good candidate for the Norwood was a nephrologist and the most negative person I had ever met.  It seems like a pattern...these doctors are not positive people at all (at least the ones I have met).  I know she was born with crappy kidneys and neither of them work 100%, but they are still working and I don't know why the doctors can't focus on that instead of the negative all the time.  I often think I live in denial about her kidneys and in some ways I am sure I do.  She has a major heart defect...I think that is more important than the kidneys.  I don't want to focus on something that I don't know as much about...and I now know about the heart.  I have tried to learn about the kidneys, but they are even more confusing. 

For not much happening, this post has turned into a long ramble about my worries.  I guess I didn't realize how worried I have been about this appointment.  I will update more after the appointment because we are all enjoying the fact that there is not a lot to post about!

3 comments:

  1. Hugs and prayers for Ms. Hope... She is growing and is just the most beautiful little girl...

    Debbie
    cp:Zayne1

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope getting your worries out helped. It usually helps me. I hope you find a nephrologist that can make you feel comfortable and help you understand. It is so important to have doctors you trust. I will keep you all in my thoughts for the appointment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes you just need to ramble, vent or do whatever is necessary to let those feelings out. It helps!!

    ReplyDelete