Saturday, September 4, 2010

A Few Updates



It has been a while since I have updated...I have been kind of busy and not much has been going on, so not much to blog about.  Hope and I were supposed to be on a morning show in our area yesterday, but her surgeon had an emergency, so it is being postponed.  We really wanted to spread some awareness and put in a plug for The Children's Heart Foundation Family Fun Day.  Now, we are hoping and working with them to do a show in February for CHD Awareness Week.  I am excited either way because all I really want to do is raise awareness for CHDs.

I am very sad today because I just heard that Andrew Prater (20 year old with HLHS) passed away.  It breaks my heart for his family and what they are going through today.  His mom was able to donate his organs and I know that helps.  She is aware of how much organ donation means to other families and knows that Andrew will live on with some other very happy family.  The tragedy from death to being able to help another family is amazing. 

We are heading to Michigan today for my cousin's wedding reception.  This will be our first overnight trip with Hope and I am excited and kind of nervous.  I am not real sure how well she will do sleeping somewhere other than in her own bed, but we shall see...hopefully it will be better than I am expecting.

I switched out hard drives on my laptop, so I now have to search and find my disk for my camera to upload new pictures.  I will be posting more soon because I have taken a ton and they are sitting on my camera.

This time last year I was counting down the days until Hope was born.  My induction was scheduled for the 21st and I was fairly certain Hope would be born on the 22nd.  I remember my feelings from those last couple of weeks so well and I will be sharing them with all of you in the next few days.  I am amazed at our year and I owe so many people a HUGE THANK YOU for all of the help and support we have received the past year. 

Finally...a plug for The Children's Heart Foundation Family Fun Day.  We are going to have a great time and raise awareness for congenital heart defects and hopefully a lot of money for The Children's Heart Foundation.  I hope anyone in Ohio that can make it does come.  It will be a great time for the whole family and you will be able to meet a lot of children with congenital heart defects and spend time with families that have children with congenital heart defects or that have lost their little ones.  I am already starting to think about next year and I am hoping to get some corporate sponsors and be able to do a lot of stuff for free for all heart kids.  I would love to put something together for all babies, children, and adults that were born with congenital heart defects that live in this area...sort of a reunion/meet and greet.  I know many of the hospitals in other areas do this, but I have not found anything like this in the Cleveland area.  Oh well...I dream really big.

I hope everyone enjoys their Labor Day.  We have a lot going on this weekend, but you all are in my thoughts all the time.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry it took me so long to comment. How was the trip? HOw did Hope do? I am sure she did well.

    I am so sorry to hear about Andrew, his family will be in my prayers.

    How I wish I could be in Ohio to celebrate Hope's bday with you. I will be there in spirit ((HUGS)).

    ReplyDelete