Monday, September 20, 2010

First Birthday, Cardiology, New Teeth, and 16 Pounds

Hope's first birthday was the best!  We celebrated so many times and so many different ways.  She had a ton of cake and loved ever piece and bite that she had. She got to see friends and family...some she had never even met.  It is a birthday I will never forget.  So many people came to meet/see Hope at the Family Fun Day (fundraiser for The Children's Heart Foundation) and it meant the world to me that I was part of something to help raise money for a great organization.  Having family and friends there made the day all the better!

We had a cardiology visit this past week too.  After a quick weight check (yes...finally 16 pounds!) and a pulse ox of 85, we went for the echo.  Hope hates the echo.  There is no nice way to say it...she hates it.  We have done the sedated echo and while I like it better, I am not sure it is always a good thing to sedate her for an echo and Dr. Prieto doesn't like to sedate either.  So...the echo tech and I get to try and find ways to keep Hope from crying.  It gets hard and she can scream and cry like you wouldn't believe.  People in the waiting room can hear her and I am always afraid that she is going to upset the other patients. 


I have so much to write, but I am going to save my post on The Children's Heart Foundation Family Fun Day for tomorrow.  I have much to share and I can't wait to share all the pictures from our wonderful day!

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see the pictures. I am happy to hear that everything went so well. She is jus too cute. ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's nice to hear stories of firsts. I can remember the first thing my son did with me. He rode his bike, had his own drum set, toured abroad, his first word was "Papa" and more of his first Germantown TN dentists tour was with me. I just enjoy the feeling of a first time father, where you can be the best bud of your son and a person who's always there on his firsts.

    ReplyDelete