Saturday, September 11, 2010

September 11th



Today is filled with a lot of emotion for a lot of different reasons.  September 11th will probably be a date that everyone remembers for a very long time and it is good to remember historical events and tragedies that have changed lives forever.  In 2001 when the planes flew into the World Trade Center I was in a hotel room in Omaha, Nebraska.  I was a consultant working on a project and I was getting ready to go to work.  When they broke into the regular news with the story I didn't think too much about it.  I didn't think about terrorists or how the world would change.  I thought it was an accident and quickly jumped in the shower.  By the time I got out of the shower...they knew it was an attack. Planes had not only flown into the World Trade Center, they had hit the Pentagon and a field in Pennsylvania.  It was extremely difficult to finish getting ready and head to work.  It was the last place I wanted to be.  I traveled a lot back then and all my friends and family called, sent texts, or emails all day.  I usually didn't travel on Tuesday, so I didn't really think too much about it.  I flew to work on Monday mornings and home on Thursday night.  Surprisingly, I flew home that Thursday.  I was one of 8 people on the flight home...many people didn't think flights would be taking off or landing and many weren't.  I was lucky...I spent the weekend with family.  Although the memories are fading and I don't think about that day nearly as much now as I did back then, it is still an important day and I always take a few minutes out of my day to think about, pray for, and remember the families that lost their loved ones.

Last year on September 11th I was sitting in a hospital room in Akron.  It was so hard to be in a hospital room by myself for so much time to think.  I know I thought about the families that lost their loved ones, but I spent a lot of time thinking about how I would feel if I lost Hope.  I was worried, nervous, and extremely sad.  Being alone in the hospital is very hard for any pregnant woman, but when you are told that your baby might not survive delivery or pass away shortly after...it is unbearable. 



I am so thankful that Hope is here and growing stronger every single day.  She is a miracle and my hero.  I will pray and give thanks for so much today...and say an extra prayer for the families that lost loved ones in a terrible attack.  I hope you will pray and give thanks as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment