Saturday, September 12, 2009

Nothing New Today

Today was pretty uneventful...other than family visiting. Jerry and the boys came up for a long visit today and then mom and Ron came up for a couple of hours. The last couple of days have been nice with visitors...Marilyn and John were up yesterday and Jerry and the boys will be up every day. It is so boring being here all day with just the TV, books, and Internet to keep me company. Although I can hardly blame people for not wanting to stop up here...it is not fun at all to be stuck in this cramped little room. There have been a couple times where I have been allowed to leave and go outside, but just a few minutes ago the doctor said 'no'. I am going to have a little chat with the doctors about writing an order that will let me leave my room during the day. I really don't understand what the problem is, but being stuck in this room all day and all night is more depressing than I can express in writing. I have too much time on my hands to think about everything that is going on and I just spend a lot of the time when no one else is here crying.

I did have an exam earlier today and the fluid level looks fine. They also checked to make sure I am not leaking amniotic fluid and I'm not, so that is also good news. I am not dilated or effaced, so I am sure I will be here for another week before they induce labor. I know it will help to have Hope gain weight, but I am afraid that mentally...it is going to be really hard to be here for another week.

I want to thank everyone for the phone calls, thoughts, and prayers. I wish there was some way that I could express how much I appreciate everything everyone has done for me during this pregnancy...I feel truly blessed to know there are that many people out there that care about me and my family.

Until tomorrow...sweet dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment