Thursday, October 29, 2009

Home Sweet Home


We made it home!  What a great feeling.  We got home really late last night...the early morning discharge did not work out at all.  They had a lot of stuff that we had to get done before Hope could be discharged.  Finally, around 7pm we were done with everything and loaded the car with all of Hope's stuff (yeah, she had a roomful) and made it home a little after 8pm.  It was actually kind of scary driving home because Jerry and I were in separate cars and I was worried the whole way home that something might happen.  We got everything organized and set up and finally went to bed after her midnight feeding.

Today was our first full day at home and even though it was hectic and we had some learning curves, it was perfect.  We had the pulse ox delivered and Hope was at 84...higher than most of the time at the hospital!  I think some of it was from the nice air she was breathing outside.  Yes...the weather was nice enough for her to spend a little time watching the boys play.  We also had the home health nurse come over and talk to us and show us how to do everything else that we need to do every day...like weighing, feeding, medicine, etc.  Some it was stuff we already knew, but we both had to be here to make sure we both know how to do everything we both know the schedule.  I put together a spreadsheet with the days and times everything needs to be done.

I am posting a bunch of pictures from the last few days.

Pretty in Purple











Look at all her stuff....this is from the first trip to the car!














Dressed for home:


In her new car seat















I want to thank everyone again for everything they have done.  I know everyone went out of the way to help us and we appreciate all of the help more than words can express.

9 comments:

  1. I am so glad that you have Hope at home, and I know you are, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i remember going home so clearly....the spreadsheet and all!!! what an awesome time, enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is good to see her at home. That is so amazing to see her so happy. It is great motivation after such a tough day with our baby boy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy Hope is HOME!!! HOME SWEET HOME!!! Oh my she is just adorable!!! Home for the Hoildays, what a wonderful gift!!! I continue to pray for Little Miss Hope and the rest of the family!!! Sending you LOTS of WARM **Heart Hugs** and Smiles!!!

    With LOTS of HOPE, Love, and Faith,
    Lauren (22yr. old w/Tricuspid Atresia)
    Blog: www.laurensheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still remember my drive home with my baby and those first few days like it was yesterday and my baby is almost 14 months and starting to walk! It passes by so fast, enjoy every moment. Wish I could give you a big hug of congratulations! Very happy for you and baby Hope and that your family is all together again. I know how happy my older kiddies were to have me back and their baby sister too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so happy you got to bring Hope home finally. I wish you the very best on this crazy journey you are on. You are a wonderful mother and Hope is going to do just fine at home with her family. Enjoy every second of it, embrace it and tell her you love her a million times over. You are truly blessed.

    Sending my love.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is SO exciting!! It makes me want to cry! I too remember the drive home. We also got home at around 8 pm. Aili needed her meds then and I was flipping out over it!! I remember yelling at my mom to get out of my way, there were NO time for pictures, because my baby needed her medicine. HAHA! Good Luck! It seems like so much at first but it does get so much easier with time. I hope you guys are settling in well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that going home/being home feeling! Congratulations. She is just so sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. There really is something about that little face and those little eyes that just says...I'm here and I'm going to make it. God Bless all of you.

    ReplyDelete